SCCCI is one of the top-rated home insulation service providers in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. We are proud to assist the community in improving energy conservation and greener practices for a cleaner planet for the next generations. Our experienced product specialists and latest equipment enable to us handle difficult and custom installations in a smooth manner, saving you time and money.
As a family owned business, 100% customer satisfaction is our top priority. We are ready to answer all your insulation related questions.
Please call us at (818) 534-0600 for your free no obligation estimate
Why Choose SCCCI ?
- 32 Years in Service
- Licensed, Bonded and Insured
- Licensed (#492512)
- Experienced Professionals
- Prompt and Reliable Service
- Guaranteed Best Prices
- Free Estimates
Attic insulation works by limiting the movement of air in your attic, keeping the warm air inside your home and not letting it escape through the roof in the winter and blocking heat from entering the home during the summer. As shown on the diagram to the left, air is pulled into your home through cracks in doors, windows, electrical outlets and vents. When the air in the attic begins to cool, warm air is pulled up from the living area into the attic to balance the temperature. This works the opposite way in the summer, the sun warms up the air in the attic and radiates down into the rest of the home. Most air conditioning units can’t keep up at the rate that the heat is coming in from above and you are left with a home that doesn’t stay as cool as you would like and a rather large bill at the end of the month.
Standard fiberglass batted insulation isn’t as effective as other solutions. Fiberglass ‘bats’ are pre-cut so when put between framing it is meant to be a perfect fit, however, not every house is perfect and there will be gaps if the spaces are too large or too small. Bats also can’t reach some of the small spots where the need for insulation is most critical. Fiberglass insulation isn’t very dense and it takes almost 12” to reach a level of R-30.
With improved cellulose insulation in your attic you will notice the difference immediately. Cellulose has magnificent insulation characteristics and is installed by being ‘blown-in’ to the attic. Because of its loose form, it can find its way into small cracks, gaps and even into areas not accessible by crawling in the attic.
Cellulose makes a great soundproofing material and may homeowners with cellulose insulation have reported less noise in their home. Cellulose is meant to last a lifetime as it is designed never to settle or lose any of its insulating qualities and is treated with products to deter infestation of rodents and insects and that’s a good thing.
- Installing cellulose insulation in your existing home is one of the best decisions you can make for yourself and your family.
- Walls are fully and tightly insulated, forming a monolithic thermal barrier.
- No more gaps. No more voids. No more drafts. Just years of comfort.
Tests conducted by a fiberglass manufacturer reveal that the actual performance of batts can be 14% to 45% less than their labeled R-value when gaps and voids associated with normal batt installation are considered. With cellulose insulation, you receive the insulation performance you paid for.
- Cellulose insulation is fire retardant, non-toxic, and far more effective than traditional fiberglass insulation.
- Unlike fiberglass insulation which provides a breeding ground for insects and rodent, cellulose is made up of materials that are designed to not allow pest infestation.
- Most homes built prior to 1972 are under insulated or have no insulation at all in their walls.
- Cellulose insulation is rather dense providing a layer of soundproofing in addition to the benefits of reduced heat loss/transfer.
- When insulation is blown in it can reach into the crevices that rolled bats can’t cover ensuring there are no gaps where air can penetrate.
- Well insulated homes reduce heat loss/transfer keeping your home at the desired temperature longer with less heating/cooling energy usage.
- When properly insulated, homeowners see lower heating/cooling bills but what is not seen is also important, CO2 emissions are also cut from reduced energy use saving the environment.
- Our Cellulose insulation install is guaranteed for a lifetime never to settle or lose efficiency